How much does it cost for a Sweet Marching drill?
- A flat rate, based upon number of charted performers is listed below. Remember, every prop placed on the design stage counts as a performer (whether it moves or not). The minimum charge for any show design is $1500. Your rate is guaranteed for up to Five consecutive years as long as your numbers do not fluctuate.
|Base Price for Fall November – April|
|Base Price for Fall May – October|
|Base Price for Non-Competitive Groups and University Groups (under 30 total sets)||# of Performers|
- Audio file splicing/editing – $100
- Rewrites – quote upon request
- In-Person Clinics – Up to 60 mile radius from West Lafayette, IN – Free for drill design clients
- In-Person Clinics – Over 60 miles – $100/Hour plus mileage at current Indiana state rate if in driving distance (plus per diem and hotel if greater than 200 miles from West Lafayette OR $100/Hour plus expenses (airfare, per diem, hotel).
- The all-in service contract – designed for programs who perform more than one show per year (University groups). Includes pre-game editing and/or revising, multiple shows, graduate student coaching and lessons, re-writes, etc. Call or email for more information on costs tailored to your group.
What if I need program coordination?
– If you are looking for one person to consult with you on your concept from top to bottom, including (but not limited to): Drill, Costuming, Guard Costuming, Prop Design, Show Flow, Music Arranging, and Percussion Arranging, then I would be glad to assist you. Based upon involvement, we will work together to build the perfect program to fit your needs.
Prop Design (Digital ideas)
– This gives you the ideas in place for your concept. You will be in charge of physically creating these ideas.
Costume Design (Digital ideas)
– I work with some outstanding designers, I can create (along with your show concept) a costume that is integrated with your show theme.
– What does your show story tell? What is the horizontal timeline and how does that integrate with your vertical moments? This is from where General Effect is derived (both musical and visual)
– I work with several outstanding arrangers that have hundreds of championships between them. We can have discussions as to what arranger would fit your program best (including pre-designed shows).
I’m a drill writer and would like analysis of my drill before sending it to a client.
– If you are an aspiring drill writer and would like feedback to help you along, I would be glad to help you. Count on $100 per hour of feedback (can be done via Zoom/Skype) with a $100 minimum per session. Time is rounded up to the nearest 15 minutes.
I’m an aspiring drill writer and would like lessons.
– If you would like to learn to write drill, I encourage you to take the free course under Marching Band Methods. If you would like feedback on drill written within the course or would like further lessons, the rate is $50/Hour.